Perfidious Albion is building forces in Europa
A bit of a backstory to the Saxe-Märchen blog so far....
In essence we are building up to a big game (France v Prussia) in a few weeks time, and in the meantime we are going to have a smaller "Wargames Scenario" game between the Reichsarmee Brigade and some Unknown Furriners to try out Maurice Lite - the blogging here is the machinations to all that.
And in the meantime, the painting buildup of British forces is starting. They are based on Age of Reason organisation (like my French). The first British battalion is done but unflagged (centre pic, and there are 3 brigades now nearly based as follows:
- Centre of pic - British brigade, 3 line battalions, 1 fusilier
- Right - Hanoverian Brigade - 4 line battalions.
- Far right - Mixed Brigade - 2 Highlander battalions, 2 Legion Brtittanque battalions
- At the far rear is teh fisrt battalion of the German forces (Hessians, Brunswickers etc)
On the left is the start of the cavalry brigades, as follows:
Front - Hanoverian Garde du Corps and Grenadiers (1 squadron each). To be joined by British Dragoons and Brunswicker heavies.
- Centre - Royal North British Dragoons. To be joined by 2 more German Dragoon regiments
- Rear - British Light Dragoons - to be joined by 2 German Hussar regiments
On the front are 3 of 4 Light infantry detachments, and 2 of 3 planned combined Grenadier battalions.
Not shown are 2 Heavy Guns and 4 Medium Guns.
We are also awaiting drafts of Officers, Standard bearers and Musicians.