Saturday 27 November 2021

Modern Chinese Marines

Another Lockdown project, but yet to see the table....Modern Chinese Naval Infantry / Marines. When I saw the blue camouflage the Chinese were using I decided I didn't care if it was for show, I neeeeded an army painted like that as all my other Cold War/Modern armies are somewhere on the dirty green / muddy brown (or both) spectrum. 


When I saw Heroics & Ros did their amphibious landing craft/troop carrier the deal was sealed. All I had to do was work out how to render it. I wound up using medium and thin nib paint-pens (from China, natch) and it worked out quite nicely. (Based for FFOT, still deciding on whether to base for beach or more inland, I think the beach sand colour sets them off very well though.)


Another bonus - the colours and model size/shape in 6mm works for 40K Epic, I'm working on the Dreadnoughts, attack bikes and Terminators next...

3 comments:

  1. to paraphrase a favorite movie "Very pretty coronal but can they fight?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re "Can they fight" the APCs are quite light armour by todays IFV standards, and the AFVs seem quite light too everything is upgunned by old skool standards, reminds me of French AMX 13 / AML90 / AMX 10 RC philosophy - light but it can KO heavier stuff with its big gun.

    ReplyDelete